The Conservation and Wildlife Research Trust (ABN 59 608 712 039) and its Public Fund, was created in 2010 to raise money to preserve our wildlife and natural environment. The Trust will also provide funding to assist research projects that lead to the better understanding and management of wildlife found in Australia.
The Conservation and Wildlife Research Trust is on the Register of Environmental Organisations and is registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
Donations of $2 and above are tax deductible.
The Trust was established and will be maintained for the purpose of:
- protecting and conserving the natural environment that supports wildlife;
- conserving and managing habitat and wildlife in an ecologically sustainable way;
- raising community awareness to land management practices that will benefit wildlife, habitats and ecosystems. Such practices and conservation benefits will be consistent with International Union of Conservation of Nature (IUCN) principles. These benefits and principles include the sustainable and wise use of wildlife;
- engaging with the community and private sector to manage wildlife wisely and sustainably whilst having regards to principles of biodiversity conservation consistent with the International Convention of Biological Diversity (CBD);
- engaging with academic institutions and researchers to fill knowledge gaps in wildlife ecology and management;
- where deemed appropriate, to purchase, rehabilitate and manage habitat wisely; and
- to establish and maintain the Fund for the specific purpose of supporting the environmental purposes of the Trust. The Gift Fund is established to receive all gifts of money or property for this purpose and any money received because of such gifts must be credited to its bank account. The Fund must not receive any other money or property into its account and it must comply with subdivision 30-E of the ITAA 97.
Gifts of money or property to the Trust will be managed as per the purposes of the Trust outlined above. Any income derived from or the sale of donated property or interest from donated monies will be deposited into the Public Fund and used solely as per the purposes of the Trust.